Re: [RTTY] Extra Comports board

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Extra Comports board
From: "Peter Laws" <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 20:20:51 -0500
On 5/1/07, K0BX <jduerbusch@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> This is just a FYI note.  But my 4 port com board bought a few years ago
> was $80.00!

I have a Siig 4-port with the breakout cable.  Works fine, tho' XP
insists on exercising all the ports on boot, so if I'm not careful,
the radio gets keyed 3-4 times.

What I'd really like is a multiport serial board that connects to a
USB port.  Sun used to have something like this with 8 outboard DB25s
...  Of course, that was 15 years and several thousands of dollars ago
... and it didn't connect by USB!

--
Peter Laws | N5UWY | plaws0 gmail | Travel by Train!

"They that can give up essential Liberty to
obtain a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin