Re: [RTTY] MTTY and a Linear

To: WA3FRP@aol.com, k7ybo@arrl.net, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] MTTY and a Linear
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 08:38:17 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 00:08:05 EDT, WA3FRP@aol.com wrote:

>Can anyone suggest software  that will allow him to get two separately
>time-delayed PTT signals from the COM  ports or USB ports of his control PC?
>
>Please send replies directly  to Terry K7YNO at _k7yno@arrl.net_
>(mailto:k7yno@arrl.net)  as he is  not currently a member of this list.

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

The program WinWarbler lest you set both a transmit and
return-to-receive delay independently of each other. It also uses
MMTTY as its RTTY engine so half the work is done. The way I'm using
it is with keying from a com port. If he is using VOX type keying, I
am not sure if it will work, but I think he would find it better and
more reliable to change over to com port keying anyway.

WinWarbler is part of the DX Labs suite of programs, which I would not
want to be without, by the way. Completely free and has possible the
best support in the known universe. Go to Yahoo groups and sign up for
the forum.

And of course, he should also join this reflector! Go to
www.contesting.com and scroll down the left side of the page to RTTY
and click.

Bill W6WRT