[RTTY] New country file for WF1B - 10 September 2007

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] New country file for WF1B - 10 September 2007
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 13:33:53 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Folks,

First, thanks to those who answered my questions earlier today.

I've tried to create a new country file for WF1B.  You can find the file here:

    http://www.country-files.com/cty/wf1b.dat

The WF1B limits are 340 entities and 1700 calls/prefixes.  This file has 338
entities (does not include 1S, 3Y/b, 3Y/p, BS7 or KH5K) and 1698
calls/prefixes.  I may remove a few more entities, like KH8/s and TX0
(Chesterfield).

I am having problems running the WF1B conversion tools in Windows XP.  Can
someone (or multiple people) who are still running WF1B please try this file
ASAP:

- download WF1B.DAT
- run the COUNTRY.EXE program
- choose the option to read in a .DAT file (not .CTY file)
- type in the full path to the file, including WF1B.DAT
- do whatever else is necessary to create/save the WF1B
  country files for CQWW and/or WAE

Please try logging some of the new calls and see if things are working:

- Any 4O station should be Montenegro
- E51QMA, E51TUG should be North Cook, ZK1/n
- KH8SI should be Swains Island, KH8/s
- MM0XAU should be Shetland, GM/s
- VP8/LZ1UQ should be South Shetland, VP8/h

Please note this was NOT built off the latest country file, but one slightly
older.  I will have to merge the differences somehow.  So do NOT consider this
the final version.  There will be at least one more release, maybe more before
CQWW RTTY (especially if I have problems).

You can report back to me off-reflector if it worked (or didn't).

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C/0, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us