Re: [RTTY] CQ-Contest SO2R - the main issue

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQ-Contest SO2R - the main issue
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 16:28:07 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 18:11:19 -0400, "Neal Campbell"
<nealk3nc@gmail.com> wrote:

>I used to see it a lot before SO2R was known, usually I assumed
>someone had hit the CQ fkey abt 10 times and ran to the bathroom

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

This must happen from time to time, but I think it's pretty rare, I
run high power in all contests where it is allowed, and if I can hear
them, they can hear me. I rarely reply to a CQ without an immediate
answer, either to me or someone else. For me to call someone three,
four, five times and THEN get an answer is very, very uncommon.

On the other hand, when I am calling CQ, it is quite possible for a
low power station to call me several times and me not hear him, and
then with a brief peak in propagation, I will hear him and answer.

For what it's worth.

73, Bill W6WRT