Re: [RTTY] A technical question (DigiKeyer)

To: Jacek Janusz <jj@galaxy.uci.agh.edu.pl>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] A technical question (DigiKeyer)
From: jchutcheson@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 14:46:32 +0000
Hi Jacek:

I have not used the DigiKeyer, but having built a number of rather poorly
designed interfaces over the years (hi), I would be surprised if the interface
caused such extensive damage, unless, perhaps, you got a very nasty ground loop
problem.  Do you have a single point ground for your station?  Either way,
can't say that I've ever heard of anyone having an interface do so much damage,
but perhaps others on this list have.

Is it possible that something went wrong with you antenna system?  I have an
IC-746, and if the built-in tuner is turned on when feeding into an external
tuner, you can do some damage.  Even there, however, the worst I've seen happen
is a couple of diodes being blown, nothing like the kind of damage you
describe.  Very sorry to hear it.

73,

Joe, KB1CJ

From: Jacek Janusz <jj@galaxy.uci.agh.edu.pl>