Re: [RTTY] MMTTY and USB/COM port problem

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] MMTTY and USB/COM port problem
From: "Scott Schultz" <scottaschultz@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 09:13:14 -0500
With all this talk about problems/issues with USB and COM ports, I wanted to
throw in my $0.02...

My Dell desktop (running XP) has 2 COM ports. One is used for the CI-V
connection to my 756Pro and the other is used for CW keying. With so many
peripherals now using USB, including printers and multi-function devices,
this left the printer port unused. Fortunately, MMTTY works just as well
through the printer port as any of the serial ports. The interface is
terribly simple to build and I have never (knock wood) had any issues of one
program or another trying to take hold of the printer port and not release
it. You will also need to add the EXTFSK program to your MMTTY folder.

Scott N0IU