[RTTY] MMTTY and USB/COM port problem

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] MMTTY and USB/COM port problem
From: Barry <w2up3@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 08:34:38 -0400
Hi all.
I recently replaced my shack computer and radio due to lightning
damage.  I finally got around to wiring up the DIN plug for RTTY and
it's not working.

I'm using MMTTY in FSK mode with an IC7800.  The computer is a Dell
Inspiron laptop (XP Home) using a USB to COM port converter.  The COM
port works fine on CW (with Writelog) and closes the PTT in RTTY, but
I'm not getting the tones shifting.  All I hear is a clicking under the
single tone when in monitor mode.  Any ideas?

Tnx,
Barry W2UP