Re: [RTTY] [ARRL-LOTW] I found this to be common in LoTW

To: <ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com>, "RTTY List" <rtty@contesting.com>,"QSL List" <dx-qsl@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [ARRL-LOTW] I found this to be common in LoTW
From: "Joseph Lutz" <kwz99@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 00:00:47 -0000
Hi Bill, etal:

    I agree with you completely regarding the xx9xx
and /6.  I can confirm that also as I kept wondering
why everyone was getting their 4O5A LoTW cfms
so fast, and I had zilch!!  Then I 'hit my reset' and
realized that I did not submit my log also as
W7LPF.  Primarily for RTTY contests I use /3 -
and sometimes on CW - when I do, I upload the
contest files to LoTW twice - as W7LPF &
W7LPF/3.  [Catches some everytime!!].  BTW,
my 4O5A contact was there.  I remembered that
the operator replied without the /3 although I
repeated it, but as you know in a contest, you
do not want to spend time trying to confirm
something like that.  Sometimes I can have as
many as 20 additions for the call structure that
I did not employ for that contest [used W3LPF,
and get additions when submitting the /3].
73,
Joe W7LPF [OR /3]

BTW - I know I will have to probably put on a
flame resistant suit for my next statement - but:
The should require anyone outside their 'call
designated area' indicate that fact with their
call - like the old daz!!