[RTTY] GU0SUP - Makrothen

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] GU0SUP - Makrothen
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 18:14:27 +0100
Afternoon one and all,

Missed the first session completely as the mother-in-law has been very
unwell, and ended up in hospital, so I was chief cook and bottle washer, and
was too tired to stay up past my bedtime.

I started the contest at the beginning of the 2nd session, and found the
bands a little quiet! I even re-read the rules, just to make sure I had the
right time!
Had some fun with some strong W7 calls, which was fun, and it was good to
hear VE6YR and VA7ST with such strong signals!
Around 1745UTC, I decided to call CQ, and was called by a nice run of
W6/W7's! All without any of the usual flutter. It was great to work Mark
N7MQ, Dave W7DPW, both of whom were S9+10 here, and also K6LPO who was
strong as well.
Bob VE6YR was strong for most of the time I heard him. I also enjoyed
working Barry ZS2EZ.

Shortly after that, I needed feeding, and the got caught up watching the
rugby, and what a joy to watch England actually WIN!

I did then try 40m, but the band was almost clear of RTTY, with just a
couple of SP's, and 80m was as dead as the proverbial, so I called it a
night.
Started just after 0800UTC this morning, and it seemed slow at first, but
then it picked up during the course of the day.

Best distance was 9M6XRO at 11632km, and the closest was F6HRP at 111km.

Totals were:
80        0
40        6
20      163
15       35
10        0

Claimed Score: 784083.5 pts

Thanks to all for the fun, and the points, and my log will be on LoTW
shortly.

73 de Phil GU0SUP