Re: [RTTY] LoTW contest issues

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] LoTW contest issues
From: Michael Keane K1MK <k1mk@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 15:57:24 -0400
At 02:09 PM 10/15/2007, Phil Cooper wrote:
>If, as per the exchange detail, you sent State/Province/DX then this will be
>a part of the LoTW download anyway, so why bother logging it?

No reason at all. Any exchange details (sent or received) that you do
log are never uploaded to LoTW. The State/Province/DX that you
download in the LoTW report comes from the certificate and Station
Location used by the other station in their upload to LoTW. No direct
connection with any exchange that was sent (or not sent) over the air.

>It also says that "Scoring for the LoTW contests will be automatically
>generated by the sponsor once your log is submitted". So why do we need to
>work out mults, points etc?

Well, you could ask the same question about any contest that employs
the Cabrillo format log submission and the sponsor assigns points,
identifies multipliers and computes the score.

We don't need to work out points and multipliers in most contests anymore.

73,
Mike K1MK

Michael Keane K1MK
k1mk@alum.mit.edu