Re: [RTTY] Macro Guidance

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Macro Guidance
From: Contesting <contesting@m5aav.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:32:24 -0000
Quoting from the message of Tue, 23 Oct 2007 08:32:59 -0700 (PDT) from
BOB CONROY <kb2vmg@yahoo.com> :

> I'm new to HF (been on air since late February) and participated in
> JARTS and several other recent contests to give points to others.
> Although I had more than 175 contacts in JARTS and I'm improving my
> performance with each contest, I'm just not that competitive yet to
> submit a log.  Maybe next time.

> I do appreciate all that I have learned on this reflector in the
> aftermath of JARTS.  I especially appreciate the many comments and
> suggestions on the fine art of crafting sussinct and efficient macros.
> Before the next contest I will be overhauling all of mine and getting
> better prepared.  No more dashes, slashes or periods for me. Seeing
> the ease with which all of you seem to generate reports and log
> summaries, I'll be switching from MixW to Writelog for my contesting
> needs.

Bob

PLEASE submit logs for every contest. Why I hear you ask...well 'some'
contests if there is no matching qso will not count your contacts in the
other persons scores.

In other words if you do not submit a log, others will lose points - and
'we' know who you are.

MixW works, for most contests, so stick with it.

73  Graham M5AAV aka G8UYD [93 in this years JARTS - thats my qso count,
not my age - yet !!]