Re: [RTTY] Re the LoTW stats

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Re the LoTW stats
From: Laurent Ferracci <l.ferracci@comeca-group.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:42:13 +0100
Phil Cooper a écrit :

> Several folk have suggested it is "easier" for W/VE's to get access to LoTW,
> as opposed to the way DX stations have to do it.
> I am not sure I agree with this, as it is far from difficult to do from this
> end.

I don't agree with you, Phil:
- Even if it not so difficult for us, "DX", it's harder than for US hams.
- You're english, so you may have missed another difficulty for "DX"
stations: Language. Instructions are in english.

I had no problem myself to subscribe to the LotW. Posting a copy of my
ID card and licence was annoying, but i did it. I can read & understand
english instructions. I had a problem once with my password, i exchanged
a few mails with ARRL and they solved it. If all LotW site and
instructions were in german, as an example, it would certainly be a
*lot* more difficult for me.. and you ?

--
Laurent F1JKJ