Re: [RTTY] K6STI on XP

To: "Jacques RAMBAUD" <f6bki@orange.fr>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] K6STI on XP
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 07:50:09 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 15:21:00 -0000, "Jacques RAMBAUD"
<f6bki@orange.fr> wrote:

>Is there a way of runing the K6STI  RTTY  DOS software on an XP machine ??
>TKS, HNY
>73 Jacques F6BKI

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

I'm pretty sure you can do it, but you must have a Creative Labs ISA
card. Not many computers are new enough to run XP and also have an ISA
slot. There must be some but they would be pretty rare, I'd think.

Many folks have tried to run RiTTY with a PCI soundcard but none have
succeeded as far as I know. If anyone knows different, please let me
know.

I used to run RiTTY under Win98SE and it worked fine, but when I
upgraded to XP I got a new computer and now run RiTTY on the old one
under real DOS, in receive mode only.

73, Bill W6WRT