[RTTY] RU

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RU
From: "Tom Martin" <tmartin@chartermi.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 10:43:56 -0600
Murphy hit the shack.  Didn't get started until 22:29.  Probably the only guy
to take his off-time at the start of the contest!!! Rebooted computer several
times...checked computer
 connections.  The computer is under the desk.  Keyboard shelf came loose and
hit me on the head, when I was under the desk!  Tied it with wire. Gave up and
watched the Red Wing vs Dallas game.   Finally, I idiscovered that the
RIGblaster phono plug was loose behind the radio. How did this happen? Ah, 20
minutes before the test I disconnected the mike.  Tried to work the 3Y0 on SSB.
 Must have pulled loose then because every thing worked great before the
contest started.   Wave muted in soundcard many times in N1MM.  Volume control
open a lot for the first 50 contacts until it finally became "unmuted".  Second
radio output low, no more than 50 watts to drive SB220.  Today, full 100 watts
out!  40 meters slopers to replace broken 40 meter beam didn't perform very
well.  Worst 40 meter operation ever. Besides the two slopers kept turning on
the motion light in the back yard, when I transmitted.  Drove the XYL crazy Not
much on 15 meters.  Never listened on 10.  Operated until
 3 a.m local...exhausted mentally and took a two hour nap...operated until
10:30 a.m. and said the "heck" with this.  Went to bed and started again at
3:30 p.m. until closing.

Never got New Jersey!  That's unreal.  Called DC but skip was long on 20, when
I finally found him.

I spent 15.7 hours in the test.  My XYL even was sorry that I had a terrible
time this year.  That was nice of her.

I did meet a goal to make more than 56 contacts an hour on 80.  I made exactly
80 contacts Sunday morning.

N1MM worked great as usual in SO2R.  I finally used the keys more than the
mouse.

Can't wait until next year!

 Band    QSOs    Pts  Sta   Cty
   3.5     235     235   33    3
     7      86      86    1    7
    14     196     196   20   22
    21       1      1    0    0
 Total     518     518   54   32
Score: 44,548

73,

Tom W8JWN

It has removed 2385 spam emails to date.