Re: [RTTY] RTTY Round Up States

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Round Up States
From: Dick Kriss <aa5vu@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 10:53:13 -0600
> Dick Kriss wrote: "Missed two states (DC and VT)."
>
> Even though DC is not a state, but a multiplier, and other than 4U1WB, I'm
> not sure that I've ever worked a DC station, on RTTY? I also missed the DC
> multiplier, but did get all 50 states.
>
> C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW

Shelby K4WW,

TNX for the RU QSO's..... your signal was excellent as always.  The ARRL
counts the state multipliers a little different for the RTTY Round Up. The
KL7 and KH6 are considered countries so the best you can do is 49 states (48
+DC) plus the VE Provs.  I found it interesting that working string of JA's
scores the same as a string of CA's.  One point per QSO with one multiplier
with no extra credits for bands.

An interesting tidbit is the same aa5vu.log file submitted to LoTW and RTTY
Roundup came back with different totals and no error reports.  The LoTW
robot reported 602 QSO's and the contest robot came back 600.  My Excel
score sheet using he same .log file came up with the 599 that I used for the
3830 report.   There must be an error in my .log file and it not worth the
effort required to track it down.

The 2008 RTTY Round Up was fun!

73 Dick AA5VU

Ps: If someone worked a DC station, they earned the extra multiplier.