[RTTY] New RTTY Operators

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] New RTTY Operators
From: "Tom Martin" <tmartin@chartermi.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 14:31:53 -0600
I, too, have mixed feelings about the "social" operators during a contest.
Many of these guys are very new to the mode and just realized there's something
else besides PSK 31.  So far, I haven't been sent a "brag" macro during a
contest.  I'm happy that we have a lot of new guys on RTTY.  They will
eventually learn like we all did.

What gets me are the guys working P5ABC on RTTY and they send the QTH, age,
equipment list, etc.  Invariably, the band goes dead right after their QSO and
I never get a chance.

73,

Tom W8JWN

It has removed 2388 spam emails to date.