Re: [RTTY] NP3D/W1 ARRL RU RTTY CLAIMED SCORE

To: "'Andrei Stchislenok'" <asnp3d@gmail.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NP3D/W1 ARRL RU RTTY CLAIMED SCORE
From: "Junior" <charlesw_anders@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 16:33:54 -0600
One thing, I really do not understand (well more then one to be
exact). I do not understand how it is possible to make 1843 Q's using
two 100 watts radios and modest antennas? I asked this question from
myself last year. With such a result even in High power category you
would be in Top Five or higher. Imagine if you are making 1843 Q's
using 100 watts, then how great would be your score if you upgrade
your category and go for High power using 1500 watts? Wow, that
station should be making maybe 5000 or 6000 QSO's. This is time to
upgrade and shake the world with such a great score, I think.

Andrei,
 More contestants, better condx (at least stateside), so2r and 24 hour ops
at low power. Antennas, while bigger is better , and skill level would be at
the bottom of the list in this particular contest. I kept my antenna pointed
due north most of the time. Multipliers should be a none issue if you worked
24 as you could have got all but a few. I look at the hours worked, so2r and
run rate in Mike Dinkelman's summary more than anything in the RU.
The swamp water down here helps a lot. Look at aa5au's location. He is
sitting on salt/brine water. If he could have been on the air during the
great flood (no not that one), of Katrina I suspect his score would have
been higher.
Just my humble opinion.
p.s. I was only joking during our pre-contest qso. But it appears it turned
out to be true. :)
73
Charles/kk5oq