Re: [RTTY] What IS the "norm?"

To: "'Roger Cooke'" <g3ldi@yahoo.co.uk>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] What IS the "norm?"
From: "Junior" <charlesw_anders@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 08:16:32 -0600
Roger,
 You will find a few us out there. I noted a lot of the psk ops will tell
you the same that have come up to rtty. You get on that mode and you find
them going all day long chatting. But with low power and antenna limitation
probably helps more than anything down on psk. I did get a 559 true report
from vk3ama with 3watts on psk using a beam. Played in the EU63 contest just
to work 100.
You will find a lot of ragchewing prior to contest on rtty but I think they
are checking out the station. I have seen a lot of new calls come up cq'n
but not many takers. The new one's like to ragchew a bit.
AA1E came up and he was excited about getting rtty to work.
If the condx are not good to old EU it limits the ragchewing from this end.
I did stop 3 or 4 times during the RU and chatted with some old calls that I
I had not seen in years on rtty for some time. Chatted with one of my .mil
brothers for about 10 minutes after he just returned from another tour to
the desert. Lost the run rate for some minutes but it picked back up.
Anyway look for me when the condx pick up. And have the crumpets and tea
ready as you might have to take a "tea" break as they do in cricket.
I enjoy that game.
Been up since 0430 waiting on the rtty TO station.
73
Charles/kk5oq