Re: [RTTY] Dayton 2008 RTTY Dinner? Let's do it

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>, Jay <ws7i@ewarg.org>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Dayton 2008 RTTY Dinner? Let's do it
From: Arie 4X6UO <gldc1090@netvision.net.il>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:58:05 +0000
Hi Jay and the group,

You are absolutely right ,  great meetings , I was lucky to participate in
two I think it was in the Holyday inn

can not forget Dale sitting at the entrance collecting the tickets and
greeting every single one.

I have a lot of photos from these meetings , great memories  ,

Thanks Jay for the description it was exactly described .

73`s and RTTY FOREVER  as we all signed.

> Actually Andrei not 30 years ago, but for over 30 years. Last one was in
> 2003.  Just for those on the list who are a bit newer.  The RTTY Group had
> our own hotel, arrival was on Thursday night, which was typically a meet
> in
> the lounge and frequently the place rocked for hours.
>
> The big RTTY dinner was on Saturday and was hosted for many years by Dale
> Sinner the editor/publisher of the RTTY Journal.
>
> K5DJ started a friday night RTTY contesters dinner several years prior to
> the end of the entire thing.  We had a lot of RTTY activities and a
> hospitality suite that got really going at times.
>
> Shelby K4WW kept the RTTY Forum's going.
>
> So the RTTY dinners went into the 70's only Bill or some of the real old
> timers could tell you.  But it was quite a high time.  We always presented
> the plaques for the WPX contest which Ron, K5DJ and I started as well as
> the CQWW plaques at the dinner.  Short turn around from February contest
> May Plaque's but we did it.
>
> All of this was of course largely due to the RTTY Journal and it all sort
> of came apart after the Journal went away. A lot of it was due to the
> greed
> on the part of the hotels.  They nailed us something terrible that last
> year. The internet changed things which perahps is for the good.

E-mail :gldc1090@netvision.net.il
E-mail :4x6uo@arrl.net
CQ WAZ          :     Check Point
Visit my Home Page: http://www.iarc.org/~4x6uo