Re: [RTTY] GRAB function in N1MM

To: RTTY List <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] GRAB function in N1MM
From: Vilnis YL2KF <yl2kf@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 19:00:54 +0000
Alec and all ,
what will be next  after that full implementation
of this LogThenGrab function?
You probably will ask how to grab second from end ......;-)
I quite strictly stay away from this LastGrab full automatic
idea .
In fact such a function already  possible in some way,
 if make combination of several macros. Not perfect but yes.
Look at {GRAB} , {DELTOP} , {LOG}.
But after some attempts to realize it in a real situations switch all to
zero.
Why? Simply - how You can  get protected that exactly last string
( and recognized as a callsignal by software ) is correct one?
How? In many cases (due bad macros - no space after call  and so on)
last decoded is wrong.
In RTTY You have a lot of  time to log station and click to next correct
one from DI1 RX window.  That is - human grabbing only
and all other regrading  my personal macros is in big secret ..  ;-)

73
Vilnis / YL2KF