[RTTY] Re the cut numbers, and also the "cut" QSO's

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Re the cut numbers, and also the "cut" QSO's
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 19:04:24 -0000
Hi all,

Interesting to see the comments about the cut numbers.
Yes, the rules say "Three digit serial numbers", but now go take a look at
your Cabrillo file and see what it shows as your SENT number!
Mine is listed as just 1, then 2, then 3, etc etc.

So, is that a case of "one rule for them, and another for me" ??
Presumably, the argument about single or double digits applied to those
times when we submitted dupe sheets, summary sheets and a full chronological
log.
I guess Cabrillo has largely done away with these extra files, so maybe it
is time that the rules were updated to reflect this?

The counter-argument is that not everyone will submit a Cabrillo log. OK,
not everyone will, but I wonder just how many "diskettes" or paper logs are
submitted to contests such as WPX or CQWW?

Now, regarding the "cut" QSO's.............
Alex K2BB suggested it may be because of pressing the wrong key.
Yes, I too have done that, and also sent other daft macros simply because of
"fat fingers".
But, it happened too many times, and almost all came from calls I have not
seen on RTTY before.

Ah well, it was a fun weekend, and amazing to see so such a spread of RTTY
on the bands!
Did anyone else notice the comments on the cluster about "only RTTY sigs
from 7020 to 7080"!
And on 20m, they went from 14055 up to 14135.

73 all

Phil GU0SUP