Re: [RTTY] Re the cut numbers, and also the "cut" QSO's

To: <pcooper@guernsey.net>, "'RTTY'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Re the cut numbers, and also the "cut" QSO's
From: "Larry stowell" <lclarks@nc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:33:18 -0500

Mine shows 4 digits sent and received.
Output from N1MM

Larry K1ZW

-----Original Message-----
From: rtty-bounces@contesting.com [mailto:rtty-bounces@contesting.com] On
Behalf Of Phil Cooper
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 2:04 PM
To: RTTY
Subject: [RTTY] Re the cut numbers, and also the "cut" QSO's

Hi all,

Interesting to see the comments about the cut numbers.
Yes, the rules say "Three digit serial numbers", but now go take a look at your
Cabrillo file and
see what it shows as your SENT number!
Mine is listed as just 1, then 2, then 3, etc etc.

So, is that a case of "one rule for them, and another for me" ??
Presumably, the argument about single or double digits applied to those times
when we submitted dupe
sheets, summary sheets and a full chronological log.
I guess Cabrillo has largely done away with these extra files, so maybe it is
time that the rules
were updated to reflect this?

The counter-argument is that not everyone will submit a Cabrillo log. OK, not
everyone will, but I
wonder just how many "diskettes" or paper logs are submitted to contests such
as WPX or CQWW?

Now, regarding the "cut" QSO's.............
Alex K2BB suggested it may be because of pressing the wrong key.
Yes, I too have done that, and also sent other daft macros simply because of
"fat fingers".
But, it happened too many times, and almost all came from calls I have not seen
on RTTY before.

Ah well, it was a fun weekend, and amazing to see so such a spread of RTTY on
the bands!
Did anyone else notice the comments on the cluster about "only RTTY sigs from
7020 to 7080"!
And on 20m, they went from 14055 up to 14135.

73 all

Phil GU0SUP