Re: [RTTY] [3830] RTTY WPX ZC4LI SOSB/20 HP

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [3830] RTTY WPX ZC4LI SOSB/20 HP
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:13:57 -0800
Hi Steve

Perhaps a better question would be "Do packet stations every send any QSO
information?"

If you monitor a packet station for any length of time, it seems it is just
a bunch of junk, like people connecting just to see if they can connect.
Nothing but callsigns, not saying anything.  I have never seen any actual
QSO information sent on packet.  I have never figured out what packet is
good for.  Maybe in years past, but it seems obsolete to me!!  73

Tom W7WHY