[RTTY] Guantanamo Bay

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Guantanamo Bay
From: "Stuart Spatz" <slspatz@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:54:06 -0500
I just got home from Guantanamo Bay. I was not original planning to operate
the contest since there were 4 of us going, two days of antenna work, high
local noise levels for a near by power substation, and after the first day
of operations, 3 of the four radios could only work 20 meters due to antenna
tuner problems. My radio was from a different manufacture and became the
work horse. However, 2 of the gents had to leave early and that gave me
operating time to participate in the contest.

Results were
BAND     QSO
80      25
40      397
20      543
15      45
Total 1010 QSOs for 1, 494,948.

I also had 1004 QSO on RTTY before and after the contest. It was my pleasure
to give out RTTY QSOs from GITMO.

73
Stu
KG4SS/K4MIL