Re: [RTTY] DXCC RTTY via LoTW

To: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>, "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] DXCC RTTY via LoTW
From: "Inbody, Don" <don@inbody.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 08:52:01 -0500
I have been wondering why RTTY guys use LOTW and others don't...at least not to
the same extent.  I believe it must be related to the use of computers.  While
I am certain that a high percentage of SSB operators do, in fact, use computers
in their shack, 100 pct of RTTY operators do and are very comfortable with
them.  LOTW is a computer activity that many of the RTTY logging programs
interface with easily.

I ran my own log statistics on QSL rate of return via LOTW:

RTTY    65%
CW      45%
SSB     34%

I do so little PSK31 that the stats are meaningless, but it is not high.

73, Don ADØK