[RTTY] AE6RF NA RTTY Sprint SOAB HP

To: rtty@contesting.com, nccc@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] AE6RF NA RTTY Sprint SOAB HP
From: "Donald Kerns" <dkerns@cruzio.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 18:27:16 -0700
          SPRINTRTTY Score Summary Sheet

     ARRL Section : SCV
        Club/Team : Northern California Constest Club
         Software : N1MM Logger V7.12.15

        Band    QSOs    Pts  Sec
         3.5      46      46    1
           7      91      91   16
          14      25      25   12
       Total     162     162   29

            Score : 4,698
              Rig : FT-1000MP

         Antennas : K9YC's high dipoles

          Soapbox :
  First serious RTTY Sprint, done from K9YC's house.

Made pretty much every Sprint newbie mistake possible. I need to recheck the
log, but the only <3 QSO I think I worked was... poor Ed.  At least the log
check software guys can use my log as a "did we catch all the bad cases" test
case. hi hi.

Had "what the heck just happened" moments on a regular basis.

The first of my two favorite "Ah shoot" moments happened when W0TUP in ND
(which I need for WAS RTTY) called me. The good news, I was his first serial
number. The bad news is that he had the wrong exchange and I lost him before I
could get the right one. And I couldn't remember the keystrokes to force N1MM
to take a partial exchange. ARGH!!!

The second one was my only known QSY violation. I made the call/CQ
   pair and then tuned around and took a minute or two break.
  Then I tuned around for some more and went back to work. Unfortunately after
two sets of tuning and a 3 minute break I JUST happened to wind up in pretty
much the same spot. Oh well.

Also found N1MM lying to me about <3 QSOs. Bug or operator error, I'm not
sure, but I *know* it was telling me "invalid" when the QSO was OK.

Anyhow, it was intense, had fun, and got the newbie mistakes out of the way.
Can't wait for Fall!

-Donald