Re: [RTTY] TX5C: How'd you do?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] TX5C: How'd you do?
From: Brian Short <shortcircuits@wildblue.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 10:32:05 -0700
On Mar 15, 2008, at 10:19 AM, Brian Short wrote:

Yes, well I am still in the application process.
I have some initial approval, but I still need to
medical and dental clearance etc.  It is by no
means a done deal at this time.

I do not get to pick where I will serve and it is
way early for me to receive an invitation.  I have
requested Africa, but it is a big continent.

There is a general prohibition against volunteers
having transmitters.  Arrangements can be sought
on a case by case basis, as I understand it.  It would
be nice if sometime in the 2 years I got an opportunity
to operate.

It isn't a vacation or DXpedition.  My assignment
likely would be IT and I have included my background
with amateur radio in the application.  It would be
nice if something could fit, but that is by no means
a certainty.  I would be happy to be able to use a
QRP CW rig occasionally.  I will certainly try to take
a small shortwave receiver if I get to go.

Anyway, I shouldn't have mentioned it yet.  I am on
a Peace Corps mailing list and have been posting
there.  I guess I got carried away.  There are any
number of ways a volunteer can be disqualified,
so it is premature to speculate about anything.

--
http://www.qrz.com/callsign?callsign=K7ON