[RTTY] 17m RTTY from ZS2

Subject: [RTTY] 17m RTTY from ZS2
From: "Barry Murrell ZS2EZ" <zs2ez@zs2ez.co.za>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 19:58:24 +0200
Hi All

After a long wait and several hiccups along the way I finally have my WARC
beam (a Cushcraft A3WS with 30m kit) up and operational. It is about 30 ft
above the ground. First couple of nights operating on 17m has been quite
promising - only had limited time available, but have added 64 RTTY Q's,
with over 30 different DXCC entities. I am running barefoot (100W) from my
Kenwood TS-870S, using AA6YQ's WinWarbler software (with MMTTY engine),
logging directly into DXKeeper. As this is fairly new to me (only started
using DXKeeper from the beginning of January) I am having a few problems
with lockups, but it is slowly coming right. A lot of my problems seem to be
related to my callbook CD, but there is still another niggling problem to
sort out.

If there is anyone who needs ZS on 17m, I will be active on or around 18.105
pretty much every evening from around 16h30 UTC for the next couple of
weeks. Normally break for supper around 17h00, but will come back after
that. If anyone wants a sked on 17 (or any other band for that matter -
except 80 and 160!) just drop me an email and I will try to accommodate you!

First night on 17 got me 8 states - TX, IN, OK, IA, MN, OH, AL and FL.

Hope to see many familiar calls on 17!

73 de BARRY MURRELL ZS2EZ
KF26ta - Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Member: SARL - ARRL - SA AMSAT - PEARS
DXCC(mixed)#41,146  WAS(RTTY)#538  WAZ(RTTY)PENDING