[RTTY] TARA Grid Dip

To: "RTTY Contesting" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] TARA Grid Dip
From: "Dick White" <whiter26@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 15:40:54 -0500
 Band     QSOs     Pts    Grd
     7       3       3      3
    14      69      69     64
    21       2       2      2
 Total      74      74     69
Score: 5,106

The TARA group asked for more RTTY ops in this contest and I think they got
their wish. My first time in this contest and it was a lot of fun. For the
time I could work it, the RTTY ops were plentiful.

Question: I had one call give me the "QSO B4" reply. He was not in my log
and was gone before I could tell him. Also, three calls answered my CQ, I
sent my exchange but I never received their exchange. My "AGN AGN" was
ignored. In these instances those calls can or will have me in their log and
I do not have them in my log. With the way TARA has you report your score
they get credit for a contact and I do not. TARA has no way of checking to
compare logs and therefore I lose one or four contacts. I like the very
simple reporting, but it does have some drawbacks. Not a big deal for me. I
just thought it was something I needed to point out. I had a lot of fun and
that was my goal.

73  Dick  KS0M

Richard C. "Dick" White
Fulton, MO. 65251  U.S.A.
whiter26@sbcglobal.net

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
Speak kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.

Amateur Radio Station - KS0M