Re: [RTTY] Ahh, the sound!!

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Ahh, the sound!!
From: Brian <shortckts@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 13:52:04 -0700
On Sep 11, 2008, at 1:39 PM, Gedking@aol.com wrote:
> You just gotta hear an ASR28 running at One hundred WPM "WOW WEE"

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I don't miss the racket.
In the Navy, I worked in a Communications Center where there
were so many mechanical TTYs running continuously that OSHA
came in regularly to measure decibels.  The Sr Chief would turn
off as many as possible prior to any readings.

I understand that Radiomen commonly suffer tinnitus  from such
exposure.  During recent ear and sinus infections, I have myself
suffered from tinnitus.  It is so annoying!

I was a computer tech, but my roomate, an electronics tech, had
a girlfriend who lived with us who was a mechanical TTY tech.

Oh, the good ole days!  Huh?  Can't hear ya.  :)

--
http://www.qrz.com/callsign?callsign=K7ON