[RTTY] CQWW RTTY Exchange

To: "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] CQWW RTTY Exchange
From: "J. Edward \(Ed\) Muns" <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 11:33:39 -0700
After participating in the thread here today on the order of exchange
elements for CQWW RTTY this weekend, I have a recommendation.  Let's all try
to use the order 'RST Zone State/Area' in our messages and wherever possible
during the contest.  This will reduce confusion and distraction.

Note that I said "wherever possible".  There may be good reasons in your
specific situation where the Zone and State/Area need to be swapped.  Or,
maybe you feel strongly about following the literal wording in the rules.
(However, it makes no difference to the contest sponsor or the contest
itself.)  But since the log submittal robot, and the log checking as well,
expects 'RST Zone State/Area', I'm simply suggesting we standardize on that
as a suggested practice.  No different than recommending a CR-LF at the
beginning of messages or a space at the end.

Being consistent on things like this make the event easier to operate.
Then, more personal attention is available for other aspects of operating.

When someone sends the state/area prior to the zone, it is not wrong or bad
or anything.  They don't need to be corrected.  ;>)

(Well, unless it's me, then you can pile on all manner of criticism!)

NOTE:  Having said all this, remember that after the contest, your Cabrillo
log file needs to follow the specification that requires 'RST Zn St'.
Otherwise, the robot will not accept your log.

73,
Ed P49X (W0YK)