Re: [RTTY] 160

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 160
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:13:46 -0800
On Nov 25, 2008, at 11/25    9:49 AM, Bill, W6WRT wrote:

> I know antennas are
> narrowbanded on 160 but a little cleverness might give one a
> competitive advantage, don't you think?

What competitive edge if you are the only one who can operate higher
up, and the majority cannot answer your CQ?

If everyone can operate wideband, then the competitive edge also
dissipates.

Over the years, I have come to the conclusion that if you come up
with a competitive edge, it is likely to already be in use (rule no.
1: other people are not stupid).  And if you do come up with a real
one, like the CW Skimmer or SO2R, people will find ways to keep you
from using it (rule no. 2: when they are no longer competitive, they
want an even playing field; i.e., lowest common denominator).

73
Chen, W7AY