[RTTY] Fwd: "Straight key night" for RTTY

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Fwd: "Straight key night" for RTTY
From: "Peter Laws" <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 17:10:06 -0600
>From Jim, W6JVE ...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jim Haynes
Date: Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 16:32
Subject: Re: [RTTY] "Straight key night" for RTTY
To: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>

Green Key Night was my idea - tho maybe others had the idea too; it was
a pun on straight key night.  Green Key night was on Feb 20, commemorating
the legalization of FSK back in 1953.  And the rules I had were that
there were no rules - use real Teletype gear if you can, use 850 Hz
shift and vacuum tube gear if you can, but just get on the air and
have fun and remember the pioneers.

Anyway, I kept at it for a few years, and one year Bill Henry wanted to
include some kind of award for it, but I quit doing it for lack of
interest.  Seems like when I would be on the air I was like Linus
going
house to house telling people about the Great Pumpkin - nobody had
ever heard of it.

Jim W6JVE

No Trillion-dollar blank check for crooks!