Re: [RTTY] [GreenKeys] RE: "Straight key night" for RTTY

To: Jim Haynes <jhhaynes@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [GreenKeys] RE: "Straight key night" for RTTY
From: Phil Sussman <psussman@pactor.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 08:00:26 -0500
If the primary focus is to promote QSOs on RTTY then I believe that the
solution is simplicity itself.

Get on the air, just to say howdy, or rag-chew, or QSO with whatever pleases
you. If it's 850z shift -or- older mechanical machines -or- that old Commodore
VIC-20 with a Hamsoft cartridge -or- whatever. Forget formality or format. Yep,
remember those old RTTY pioneers and experience your own 'pioneering'.

If you've wanted to play with RTTY for the first time or the thousandth time,
here is an opportunity to have fun and gain some enjoyment. No pressure to
compete -- no logging programs, robots, or multipliers. Those have their own
time and place.

Competing with "Straight key night" is competing ... While there may be 'room'
there will also be conflict -- let's avoid that if possible. Feb. 20 is
significant, but Feb. 20, 2009 is a Friday. Perhaps some time on New Year's Day.

Comments -- pro and con -- welcome.

Thanks,

73 de Phil - N8PS