[RTTY] Windows XP Pro OR Vista?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Windows XP Pro OR Vista?
From: "Robert Montemerlo" <montemerlo@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 09:59:48 -0500
This really depends on what you want your computers to do!

If running existing Ham & other existing applications/drivers is key then
stay with XP Pro.

That is what I run except for an older portable with Windows 2000 Pro.

My son, daughter-in-law-tobe, and friends run Vista.

If you want seamless flow of media in you home network then go the Vista
route. (video, music, movies etc) Microsoft has purposely not upgraded XP
Pro so that it can play in this environment!!!!!
I tried using an XP media player upgrade and it was partially brain dead at
best.

Also most Ham software developers are now testing on Vista so new revision
run a lot better.

I have a media friendly "N" network in my home. TVs, BluRay, Movie theather,
ham station, etc are all tied together. I really want the Vista features on
all my computers but am holding off till the next hardware upgrade to work
through it. Much easier when you start with a new system than an upgrade.

Bob KB1JZU