Re: [RTTY] trying to understand afsk

To: "rtTY List" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] trying to understand afsk
From: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 12:34:31 -0600
The problem arose that because of TPA, lots of people where using rtty for
the first time.
They kept having problems tuning to the frequency the sked was for and not
hearing or being heard. Or if they heard the signal, they couldn't decode
it.
Most were using some sort of all in one digital software and I tried to
explain why there were either 2.1 off freq or why they were reversed.
As I don't use all those various programs I wasn't aware they were all doing
the conversion for them, and sometimes not completely.

  Most of us cannot read someone else's mind, otherwise we
> wouldn't be using radios to communicate :-).
>
> 73
> Chen, W7AY

My wife can read my mind....and the answer is always "NO".