Re: [RTTY] CQ WPX RTTY - SOAB operating time

To: "J. Edward \\(Ed\\) Muns" <w0yk@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQ WPX RTTY - SOAB operating time
From: Stein Roar Brobakken LA6FJA-K3RAG <s-roabr@online.no>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 18:47:34 +0100 (MET)
Hi

well I think 30 hours is to short¨, but....
its probably ok if you operate nearby US and can have conds 24/7 to work US and
NA all the time. Which you have most of the big numbers of station QRV all the
time..

I been op from Asia,africa,Europe, both experiences says about that propagation
give always a challenge.

Specially here in scandinavia which your signals are attunated by aurora. u can
sit and work 6 hours for 100 QSO at worst, then this 30 hours running fast and
then u suddenly have no aurora rest 18 hours of contest, but then you cannot
work any QSO it doesnt count because of this rule. this will push people to run
more KWs to be heard in short time and more QRM and less room for low power
station and DX stations cannot be heard coz of splatter.

73s Rag LA6FJA