[RTTY] RTTY WPX KR7X SOAB HP

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY WPX KR7X SOAB HP
From: "Hank Lonberg" <kr7x1@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:25:23 -0800
CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: KR7X
Operator(s): KR7X
Station: K7ZSD

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OREGON
Operating Time (hrs): 30

   80:  192   446
   40:  501  1512
   20:  670  1247
   15:   68   121
   10:
-----------------
Total: 1431  3326  Prefixes = 473  Total Score = 1,573,198

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

"Once more unto the breach" from the fine station of Brad,
K7ZSD. I have yet to
figure out just why Brad and Ruth let me do this in their
home. I suffered the
wrath of my wife (valentines day gone missing and all).

The conditions were not so good on the high bands. The auroral
hemoroidal
doughnut had a bulge that made short path to Europe from the
NW a lost cause.
Fortunately 40 meters came to the rescue and had a nice late
night run to JA to
make up for the 3 pt 20m contacts to Europe with 6 pt contacts
to Japan and the
Far East.

Used two 1000mps with WinTest and microHam MK2R+. Once the
bugs were worked out
the configuration ran without a hitch. Last year I lost 7
hours at the start
because of configuration and operator error which led to
operator induced
anxiety (OE = OIA).

I operated the full allotment of 30 hrs for SO and I am paying
for it today.
Getting old is way over rated.

Again I thank Brad and the lovely Ruth for their hospitality
and understanding
and my wife to whom I will have to make up for the MIA on
Saturday.

I thank all the operators who stopped by and to those I QRM'd
or did not hear I
can only offer my apologies; but cut an old fart some slack,
it gets harder
every year.

Ciao and 73
Hank / KR7X