[RTTY] CQWPX RTTY 2009 for K0BX

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] CQWPX RTTY 2009 for K0BX
From: "k0bx@arrl.net" <k0bx@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:25:24 -0800 (PST)
I had a good time with this contest.  Low noise level on 40 and 80 meters  made
life good.

Two notes about other operators.  I don't know what software was being used but
at the beginning of the contest several guys were giving one digit numbers
instead of the usually 001.  No problem but it seems to be from a number of
guys.

2nd was the guys that were using the K3 sending RTTY by sending CW into the K3.
 Boy they were slow!  But at least they were in there playing.

Joe K0BX

CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: K0BX
Operator(s): K0BX
Station: K0BX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:   88  212
   40:   67  248
   20:  176  419
   15:    0    0
   10:    0    0
-----------------
Total:  331  879  Prefixes = 208  Total Score = 182,832

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Great Contest!  I almost never operate 80 and 40 as I only have a ground mounted
vertical for those bands.  But conditions were good.  I worked several new
countries and states on those bands.

Rig PROIII

Amp TenTec 422 at 400 watts

Antenna Hygain 4 element monobander at 50 feet, 204BA

Butternut all band vertical

Writelog with MMTTY Plugin

Best DX was HZ and Guam.  Lot's of JA's.

Joe K0BX

Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk) without
my permission.