Re: [RTTY] AFSK Mark Tone 2000 Hz vs. 2125 Hz

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] AFSK Mark Tone 2000 Hz vs. 2125 Hz
From: curt nixon <cptcurt@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 19:32:09 -0700 (PDT)
Using a different mark frequency with AFSK has no relationship to being off
ffrequency!  Plain and simple fact. .

I run 1445 mark and  170 and I challenge you to tell the difference.

This
sort of nonsense is causing great confusion among those new to RTTY
using soundcard afsk vs true FSK.  The ONLY reason 2125 exists as a
standard is so the FILTERS that were hardware implemented, could be
used.  Thems the old days....

FWIW,

Curt
KU8L