Re: [RTTY] Sprint Rules Question

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Sprint Rules Question
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <K6LL@ARRL.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 17:46:21 -0000
From: "Curt Nixon" <cptcurt@flash.net>
Cc: "reflector, rtty" <rtty@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2009 4:56 PM
Subject: [RTTY] Sprint Rules Question

> Good Afternoon All:
>
> Question regrading rule # 11. in the NA Sprint Rules.
> "Special QSY Rule"
>
> The way I read this, it pretty much eliminates run mode...
> is this
> correct or am I reading something in that isnt right??
---------------------------
Hi Curt,

You can't just sit on one frequency and run stations. If you
call cq, and someone answers you, you have to move after the
qso. The guy you just worked gets to inherit the frequency
for one more qso of his own.

A lot of rtty contesters are put off by this rule, but it
actually makes the contest a wild and wooly event! The
easiest way to get into it is to call cq, work somebody,
move 5 KHz, and call cq again.

Or, you can S&P somebody, work him, inherit the frequency
for one more qso of your own, then move 1 KHz and S&P
someone else. This mode is very productive for the first 15
minutes on a given band, then you start to encounter a lot
of dupes.

I would encourage everyone to give this contest a try
tonight at 0000Z. Set your hair on fire, and let 'er rip!
Watch out for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from cranking that vfo
knob!

I would also encourage people to spread out a little bit:
14073-14099
7073-7099
3583-3599

See you tonight!