Re: [RTTY] Sprint Rules Question

To: captcurt@flash.net
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Sprint Rules Question
From: Iain MacDonnell - N6ML <ar@dseven.org>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 11:01:42 -0700

Curt Nixon wrote:
> Good Afternoon All:
>
> Question regrading rule # 11. in the NA Sprint Rules.  "Special QSY Rule"
>
> The way I read this, it pretty much eliminates run mode... is this
> correct or am I reading something in that isnt right??

Depends what you mean by "Run mode". If you're taking about the practice
of sitting on one frequency and working station after station, then yes.
If you're talking about a mode in your logging software, it may still
apply - you want to give a different exchange depending on whether you
pounced on someone or if they pounced on you - you might want your
logging software to be in "Run mode" for the latter.

     ~Iain / N6ML

PS. Please don't start new discussions by replying to messages from old
ones and changing the subject line - that leaves behind references that
you don't see, and continues the old thread.