Re: [RTTY] Sprint Rules Question

To: "'Iain MacDonnell - N6ML'" <ar@dseven.org>, "'W0MU Mike Fatchett'" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Sprint Rules Question
From: "Ed Muns" <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 13:16:15 -0700
> I agree with you, Mike. Infact I asked Ed about SO2R this
> week - my assumption was that the QSY rule was effective by
> band, but was surprised to learn that bouncing between two
> radios without changing frequencies on each is OK. This seems
> contrary to the objective of Sprint - i.e. to keep everyone
> moving around.

Be careful about interpreting what you think the intent of the rules are in
any contest.  It is seldom cut and dried.  In Sprint, whenever you can work
the "couplet" by finding a new station to work, then inheriting the
frequency, you are better off.  Your efficiency and rate will be higher.
That is the "normal" way to work Sprint.  But, when this is not working
well, then more CQing may be a better alternative.  If the creators of
Sprint wanted to force us to have 50% S&P and 50% CQ QSOs, the rules would
be different.  Part of contesting skill is adapting to the conditions better
than your competitors.

Ed - W0YK