Re: [RTTY] FLDIGI for OS-X?

To: "'Dino Papas'" <kl0s@cox.net>, "'RTTY'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FLDIGI for OS-X?
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 17:44:24 -0400
Dino,

Thanks for the info.  The problem I was chasing was an incorrect
stop bit with the p-fsk code which has also been fixed in 3.11.4.

Fldigi works very well by itself using the RIG-CAT interface -
it does control/hardware PTT on the USB-serial device and seems
to handle both p-fsk/q-cw just fine with the microHAM USB III
without any support from uH Router.   The only "problem" seems
to be that the "Device" dialog does not work properly in the
RigCAT configuration; the device needs to be entered manually
rather than selected from the dialog box.

Hamlib does not appear to allow the use of RTS for PTT so
RigCAT is the preferred transceiver configuration with USB III.

It is very nice to be able to use the narrow filters for RTTY
and CW ... as well as have true keyed CW instead of MCW.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV