Re: [RTTY] ANARTS 2009

To: "Stein Roar LA6FJA-K3RAG" <s-roabr@online.no>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ANARTS 2009
From: "John Barber GW4SKA" <ska@bartg.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 17:58:44 +0100
Hi Rag,

The ANARTS contest is finishing because they do not have any members who
will take over the running of the contest. It is very sad to lose a contest
that has been around for so long.

ANARTS, BARTG and the other original 'teleprinter' groups are run by
volunteers from their membership. The fact is that even when a group has
100s or 1000s of members, there will only be a small number who actually do
anything for the group. When membership falls to very low numbers there is
nobody left to run anything ........

73,

John GW4SKA
BARTG Contest Manager (and ANARTS for this year only)