Re: [RTTY] RTTY in ARRL Field Day

To: <w0yk@msn.com>, "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY in ARRL Field Day
From: "Junior" <charlesw_anderso@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 21:38:28 +0100
I ran 1E in FD to test the hurricane generator out for about 10 hours.
I suspect the total would be higher if I played longer.
147 Rtty contacts
97 Psk contacts
Appears rtty participation is improving. Highest ever in the past was around
90.
Approximately 15 psk contacts did not get in the log due to the ops sending
their exchange when answering the CQ and not confirming my exchange after
repeated attempts. I only had about seven who did that in the RU with over
1700 contacts.

TZ6 and 8Q7 came up split making it interesting to who was calling who in
rtty. I got abused by a couple of DX stations when I came up on the tz6 run
freq who I could not hear at the time. Can't say I blame them. The UKDX
contest was also on using 75baud so got a little confusing at one point in
the test when EU opened up a few times. Fun as always even under the tough
conditions.
73
Charles/kk5oq