Re: [RTTY] RTTY in ARRL Field Day

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY in ARRL Field Day
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 16:19:09 -0500
On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 15:38, Junior<charlesw_anderso@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Approximately 15 psk contacts did not get in the log due to the ops sending
> their exchange when answering the CQ and not confirming my exchange after
> repeated attempts. I only had about seven who did that in the RU with over
> 1700 contacts.

I hung out at W5NOR's PSK tent for a bit.  Didn't operate but saw and
heard about several instances of the same thing happening.  One of the
other hams present bemoaned the fact that there was no set standard
for exchanges that was the same over all modes, to which I replied
"There *is*!"

Hey, but it's Field Day, so you have to believe there are many
operators operating for the first time ... it's the Elmering that
appears lacking.