[RTTY] Exchanges for the NAQP RTTY Contest

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Exchanges for the NAQP RTTY Contest
From: Dick Kriss <aa5vu@att.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 16:27:59 -0500
I just setup the fldigi-3.11.6 macros for the NAQP-RTTY
contest this weekend and recalled some recent discussions
about the use of a dash in a two part Exchange to compensate
for stations that do not have UnShift on Space set correct.

The way I currently have it setup is my S&P response will be

QSL DICK TX AA5VU TU

and for runs it will be

<HisCall> Dick TX <HisCall>

If ask to repeat. I may send

DICK TX DICK-TX

What are others planning to use?

Soapbox: Hopefully, the stations calling CQ will use call signs
for reports. It may save the CQ station some time but really
confuses the S&P stations when the CQ send a report without
a call sign.

It's like saying I will QSL the first and loudest station responding
with a QSL.  Several stations have been using this practice and
it just causes QRM due to requests for repeats.  I may be alone
but I consider this as a rude operating practice.

73 Dick AA5VU