Re: [RTTY] Two Questions from a New Kid to the Group

To: Mail List - RTTY Contest RTTY Contest <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Two Questions from a New Kid to the Group
From: Dino Papas <kl0s@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 21:37:03 -0400
Marty -- don't know if I can answer your question about FSK directly
but I had a similar
experience with my TS-940S/microHam DigiKeyer getting the FSK shift
to go the
"right way" and coincidentally fixed it today!   Turns out that the
940 and several other rigs require
inverted FSK to be correct and those rigs don't have the capability
of inverting the FSK signal onboard;
it has to be done externally.  I was able to do that for both my Mac
and PC programs in the Router
utilities that do the interface to the DigiKeyer.

So, two suggestions -- (1) if the 746PRO has a menu somewhere that
allows you to
toggle the FSK orientation try reversing that, or (2) if the software
that runs the RigBlaster
can invert the signal use that.

Hope this helps.

Dino KL0S