Re: [RTTY] What causes RTTY with longish character spacing?

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] What causes RTTY with longish character spacing?
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 16:42:45 -0700
On Sep 29, 2009, at 9/29    2:30 PM, W5CPT wrote:

> One thing that might cause the odd spacing is if MMTTY is set to
> transmit "WORD OUT" rather than "CHARACTER OUT".

Shouldn't MMTTY also be sending diddles if a word is not yet ready to
be transmitted?  If so, the audible RTTY cadence that we are used to
hearing won't be broken.  Everything will appear to *sound* normal.

Perhaps Phil can clarify if he is "hearing" drunks, or is he "seeing"
drunks on his screen.

73
Chen, W7AY